Welcome to Mustard Seed Family’s unit on transportation. From April 28th -June 28th we are focusing on things that go. The posts shared range from art projects to gross motor activities, and even suggested field trips!
This week I’ll be sharing an invitation to create trains art kit.
Invitation To Create A Train
- Paper with a train track (Make the track beforehand with black marker)
- Train wheels (Black paper)
- Railcars (Different colored paper)
- Shapes for decorating the railcars (Different colored paper)
- Train cargo (Brown paper)
- Trees (Brown, Green, and Red paper)
The first step is to place the wheels on the track.
Then come the railcars!
We wanted to add scenery to this page, so Ella added an apple tree.
The last step is to decorate the cars and fill them with cargo (lumber and gravel). Once things have dried, your child is free to color with crayons or markers. They could add grass, flowers, the sky, or maybe a bridge.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this activity, and thanks for stopping by!
To see more educational activities, click this link or click education on the menu bar at the top of this page.
Below are links to some other activities on
Mustard Seed Family:
Go check them out and tell me what you think!