This might go down as the best chocolate cake I’ve ever made. True Story.
My husband made this amazing peanut butter pie that also had chocolate and cream cheese a few months ago, and it gave me an idea to combine them in a cake. Don’t worry, it’s just a box cake. I’m not one to make my own cake as well as the frosting. I believe Betty Crocker does a fabulous job.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tub Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping
- 3 Blocks of Chocolate Bark, melted
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. I made two 9 inch rounds.
- As the cake is cooling, place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat the cream cheese for one minute. Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until it is evenly distributed, and set aside.
- Take one round out of its pan and place on a cake platter. Next, put three pieces of chocolate bark in a small saucepan and add a cup of peanut butter. Turn the heat to med/low and stir continuously until completely melted and combined.
- Pour half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture on top of the cake you’ve placed on your serving platter. Then place the remaining round on top.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate peanut butter mixture on top of the second round and spread with a knife to ensure even distribution.
- After the chocolate has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture on the sides of the cake.
- If you so desire, you can add some candy hearts or other decorations to the cake to give it a Valentine’s Day look.
- Let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and serve with a nice cup of coffee.
To see more of my recipes you can click here or go to the top of this page and click on the “recipe” category.
Thank you so much for stopping by!