Hello again! Another hair tutorial coming your way. If you’re not a braiding person, this tutorial is for you. Below you’ll find a step by step guide to making a twisted side bun.
1. Section your hair into two sections down the middle.
2. Twist one section and clip it up so that you can twist the other section (In the same direction. So if you twist one counterclockwise, you have to twist the other counterclockwise).
3. Once they are both twisted, take the section from the clip out.
4. Then begin twisting the twists (I know, it’s a crazy thing to say) in the opposite direction. So if the sections were twisted counterclockwise, you’ll have to twist them together clockwise.
5. You could leave the twist as is, or wrap it in a bun. I chose to twist the twist (again, crazy talk I know) to make a low side bun. Then once it is in place, you can pin it with bobby pins.
This is such a pretty hairstyle to take out on a date or a casual lunch with the girlfriends. I find it works well with second day hair, in fact most hairstyles work best when your hair hasn’t been recently washed. If you can’t handle going a day or two between washing, there are many dry shampoos and texturizing sprays that will do the job. If you have fine hair, you’ll want to use a little starting from the back towards the front. You can always put more product in your hair, but you can’t take it out as easily. To get some extra volume, I bend down and give my hair a bit of hairspray.