The Importance of Mommy-Daughter Dates After New Baby

Our daughters need their attention buckets filled.  This is crucial after a new baby enters the family.  Because no matter how old they are, our daughters understand that our time with them lessened after that baby was born.  They notice, and a lot of time attention seeking behaviors start to emerge.  And while it’s frustrating to find a balance between giving two kids attention, we must always be searching for ways to fill that attention bucket.  Whether it’s taking her out for ice cream, going on a bike ride, shopping at the mall, we must set aside special time for just mom and daughter memories.

image

Last night my husband took our 2 month old out of the house so Ella and I could have some fun.  It was storming outside, so I decided to make a fort in Ella’s room.  It’s something I talk about doing all the time, but never get around to because of the baby who doesn’t nap.
Oh, and two year olds LOVE toothpicks.  So I found a bunch of things for us to eat for dinner using toothpicks.  She loved it!

image

This was such a great time we had together.  It was like old times, and she couldn’t stop smiling about her fort.  It’s so important to invest quality time with our children while they’re young!  They will remember this when they grow, and so will we.
What fun dates have you had with your daughter?

Advertisements

7 Comments Add yours

1. Susannah says:

❀ This is perfect! I definitely think sons need this too. πŸ™‚

1. Janell says:

They do! I’ll be taking my son for dates when he’s older too 😊

2. Carissa says:

Oh, the tooth pick dinner is such a fun idea! I just have one child and I love to do fun things with her. We go out for donuts, story time at the library, swimming, playing in the park, lunch dates, shopping trips and other fun activities. I never want that to change!

1. Janell says:

They love spending time with us now, right? I’m eating it up because I know there will come a time when they don’t want to hang out with us!

3. Katie says:

Way to go, mama! Making big memories out of little moments. And by the way, your blog is beautiful!

1. Janell says:

Thank you for reading!

4. and your daughter will remember this forever πŸ˜€

I would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s