Felt Food: Pizza

My daughter just received a play kitchen for Christmas this year, and so I’ve been making felt food for her.

This week I am sharing the felt pizza that I made.

image

For this pizza I started out making the crust.
I cut a large circle (using a bowl from my kitchen as a guide) of a tan piece of felt.
Then I cut the circle into eight equal pieces. I folded about 1.5 inches down on the outside edges of the pieces to make the outer crust. After pinning it down, I sewed them using some batting to give the crust volume.
After sewing the crust, I cut out the sauce using the edge of the outer crust as a guide with red felt. I cut the red felt into eight pieces. Before sewing the sauce to the crust, I sewed on some cheese.

image

The cheese I used was cut into small strips of off-white felt. I sewed each small piece of cheese to the sauce. This was a tedious task. You could cut out a piece of off-white felt  that’s smaller than the sauce and see that onto the sauce.

image
image

Here are the other toppings that I made for the pizza:
Green peppers
image

Black olives
image

Tomatoes
image

Onion
image

Mushrooms
image

image

Stay tuned for next week’s felt food.

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. jumpyjess says:

This looks WAY too awesome! 😉

1. Janell says:

Why thank you 🙂

1. jumpyjess says:

You’re welcome! 😉

2. Jasmine says:

Oh my word SO CUTE!! You make it look easy too! I might have to try this – it’s amazing!

1. Janell says:

Thank you! There are so many tutorials on pinterest that helped give me ideas.
      Check out my felt food board: https://www.pinterest.com/mustardseedfami/felt-food/

3. ginabad says:

That’s absolutely amazing! I have zero skills in crafting, so I’m blown away by this!!! 🙂

4. I love it! My kids would love this, but I can’t sew. At all! But it’s so cute!

I would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s