Narnia Themed Nursery – Part 5: Shelf with Lion, Tree, and Lamp Post

wpid-picsart_1423972812800_wm.jpg

We will be welcoming a sweet little boy in April of this year, and I’ve been sharing our nursery as we get it ready for this precious baby.  If you are interested in seeing all that we’ve done, take at look at these links below:

Part 4: Book Cover Silhouettes

Part 3: Fur Pillow and Aslan

Part 2: Map and Quote

Part 1: Royal Garland

Lion

wpid-img_20150216_093057_wm.jpg

We now have a collection of lions.  This guy fits perfectly on the shelf. We’ll call him Aslan the Second.

Tree

wpid-img_20150216_093156_wm.jpg

This is a small evergreen tree that we have up around Christmas time.  This decoration goes with the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

Lamp Post

wpid-img_20150214_211042_wm.jpg

What’s a Narnia nursery without a lamp post?  I had this lantern from a long time ago.  I believe it was purchased from Michael’s, and the candle holder is from the dollar tree.  The first thing I did was spray paint the candle holder black to match the lantern.  After it had dried for a few hours, I glued it to the bottom of the lantern.

wpid-img_20150214_211209_wm.jpg

It looks great with one of those battery candles inside.

I hope you’ve enjoyed a peak into our nursery.  I’m hoping to share the beautiful Narnia mobile within the week.  That is one that you won’t want to miss!

Advertisements

9 Comments Add yours

1. Megan Elford says:

Looks great! I love the Narnia theme, and you’ve done wonderfully with the decor!

2. Adorable! The best thing about a nursery is the baby that lives in it but I’m sure your baby will love how you decorated their room!

1. Janell says:

The baby really does make a nursery look good 🙂

3. Sarah says:

This is precious. I love storybook nursery ideas. This is one that will stay the course with him for quite some time.

1. Janell says:

Thank you! I just can’t wait until my children are old enough to listen to us read those books 🙂

4. lperkowski says:

Well isn’t this just adorable! It’s a fresh theme that I haven’t seen before. I hope you will share pictures of the final room with us all. And congratulations on your upcoming arrival. What an exciting time this is for you and your family. Wishing you comfort in both body and mind in the days ahead.

1. Janell says:

Thanks! I love sharing this stuff with others 🙂

I would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s