In an effort to expand our list of healthy meals, I am trying out some different stir fry recipes from this book:
My favorite recipe is Chicken and Snow Peas. I am sharing my version of this recipe with you in hopes that you’ll love it too.
*Snow peas (2 cups)
*1 small white onion (or leek, as the original recipe calls for)
*2 cloves garlic
*1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
*2 Teaspoons Sesame oil
*3 Chicken boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
*2 Tablespoons soy sauce
*1 Tablespoon mirin
*1 Teaspoon brown sugar
1. Cook up 1-2 cups of rice and let it sit while you are cooking the stir fry.
2. Wash and cut the snow peas, onion, and garlic. Onions should be chopped; garlic should be minced; and snow peas should be cut at a slight diagonal. Also cut the chicken in very thin slices and set aside.
3. Toss 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in the wok and turn burner on medium-high heat. When the oil starts to bubble, it’s time to throw in the chicken.
4. Cook the chicken breast in batches and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Add the snow peas and stir-fry for one minute.
6. Add they soy sauce, mirin, and brown sugar to the wok, and toss well.
7. Lastly add the chicken and let it stir-fry until warm. Serve immediately over rice.