This is my favorite summer meal.
You’ll be surprised to see that this recipe does not contain cheese or pasta. Pretty weird, huh? I love pasta and cheese, but sometimes I need a break from them. This dish is on the healthier end of my cooking spectrum, all the while being incredibly satisfying.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (marinated in lime juice and cumin with a pinch of sea salt), grilled
- 2 cups of brown rice
- Chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup homemade guacamole (2 avocados, 1/2 small white onion, 2 splashes of lime juice, some salt and garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- Tortilla strips
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice and let sit covered until the rest of the ingredients are ready.
- Grill the chicken until the insides are no longer pink.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces.
- Mix together some fresh guacamole and set aside.
- Prepare corn (either frozen or fresh) and set aside.
- Chop the cilantro and set aside.
- Chop the red bell pepper and set aside.
- Place the rice on a plate and add some chicken, pepper, corn, cilantro, and guacamole.
- Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!